Knowing what career you should pursue, feeling stuck in a job role that doesn't fit you, and not knowing what steps to take to attain your work goals are problems that most of us will face in our work lives.
What are the keys to answering your work-fit questions:
Accurate information about what makes work fit you,
And skillful guidance about the best ways for you to pursue your work goals and life aspirations.
Dr. Bailey gives you accurate information about who you are "work-wise", then individualized guidance about how you should navigate the steps needed to get to the work and life you want.
A typical* career coaching package includes:
Gathering the building blocks of your vocational identity. It helps you:
- Recognize the "signs" of vocational fit in your life story.
- Using proven assessments to learn the strengths and limitations that you bring to any job.
- Learn the work tasks that maximize your strengths, minimize your limitations, and safeguard you from "bad fit" in any job.
- Learn what work environments (a.k.a., organizational culture) will work well for you.
- Develop a list of jobs that typically work for someone like you.
- Define what will energize and make you feel connected to a job.
- Determine your life priorities, aspirations, and dreams and how they fit your career plans.
Dr. Bailey then helps you put the information into action so you can move toward your career goals:
- Guiding you through a decision-making process about the career you want to pursue.
- Helping you define the steps that get you from where you are to the career (and life) that fit you.
- Refining your resume' so that it accurately and concisely presents who you are and what you bring to your work roles.
- Developing your job search, "relational networking" or build a job-seeking "army" of friends and connections to help find your best fit job.
- Crafting accurate, understandable, and concise ways of talking about yourself and what you bring to a job.
- Evaluating and practicing those aspects of a job search / interview process that concern you or need attention.
*Career Coaching packages are tailored to suit your stage of life - Whether you are entering the workforce or college, disillusioned with the career you chose, or starting a “new chapter” of your working life – For over a decade Dr. Jim Bailey has helped hundreds of individuals understand who they are and where they fit in the work world, and then move from the anxiety of not knowing to the certainty of a career-seeking process that uniquely fits them.
"Alas for those that never sing, but die with all their music in them." – Oliver Wendell Holmes